24.6.12

ever'body wants to be a cat...

I made this sweater top for H a few weeks back, but have only just got around to blogging (hence the sunshine in the photos). I had a huge, grey hoodie that I bought when I was hugely pregnant and trying to keep warm in the snow. As it was a man's and a bit on the scruffy side, I thought I could make better use of it. So, using one of her existing long sleeve tops as a template, I traced over this onto greaseproof paper to make a pattern, then folded and measured to make sure all pieces were even. I zigzag stitched all the edges, then appliqued this cat design onto the front before sewing all the pieces together. The cat was made again by recycling some of Hesper's old baby clothes.



I chose a cat because she loves the old Disney film "The Aristocats", but for some reason she HATES wearing this! I only managed to get a couple of quick photos of her actually in the thing, only because I put it over her head and distracted her before she had the chance to realise what she was wearing. Once she realised, she was soon pulling at it and screaming "OFF!" I've not managed to get it on her since...





No comments:

Post a Comment