2.9.12

rainclouds and stars

I created these t-shirt designs recently, using garment blanks that I already had. For the appliques I used fabric from Hesper's old clothes - I have made her a couple of things from her old clothes before as some of the fabric is lovely and hardly worn. When I started screen printing last year, I envisaged combining my designs with appliques, text and hand painting.



These designs came about by just playing around with the fabric and seeing what colours and textures work together. The star on the pink top is painted by hand with fabric paint as I wanted a big, irregular, bold star and then appliqued the fabric letters on top. The cloud is made from sweatshirt fabric, sewn on back to front so that the fluffy reverse looks like a fluffy cloud...complete with sequin raindrops. I think the British summer has had some influence.


No comments:

Post a Comment