i made a top!

I bought some bargain fabric remnants from the market a week or so ago, all are about 1 metre in length and cost £1 each. I've got ideas for all of them for myself and Hesper. One is a cotton in a small check, which I think will become a smock top for H. The others are are stretchy knits: a black & white large houndstooth print; a solid maroon colour; an ochre & black circles print and a washed-out red in a soft sweatshirt-type fabric. 

This has already been made into a slouchy, comfy top and I also screen printed one of my designs onto the front. Originally, I made it without the neckline with just a wide raw edge, but forgetting that I have no shoulders, it was a little too slouchy... so I had just enough fabric leftover to add the cowl-ish neckline. Not bad for £1!

No comments:

Post a Comment