20.5.13

welcome oscar

A colleague of Chris had a new baby a few weeks back and so I wanted to make, rather than buy something for him. I turned to my trusted Wee Wonderfuls book by Hilary Lang and decided on the Bjorn Bjornson bear. Although made in wool in the book, I used a blue crossweave organic cotton, that I already had and an organic multi stripe in bamboo-cotton for accents. The book suggests that the limbs are sewn in place for under 3's, but I really liked the moveable limbs, so I attached them with buttons and just made sure that it was all stitched securely...and warned the parents.









I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I added a band of colour around the neck to tidy up the neck join. I also added a cloth tag and hand stitched "Oscar 2013" on his bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment