27.4.13

new (and sold) in my shop

I've been experimenting lately with hand dyed fabrics and screen printing. I always like to play around with different materials and techniques as when I try to follow one way of thinking too rigidly, I get a bit stuck. I had the idea a long while back to experiment with dyeing techniques and print. Recently, I've managed to give it a go and a couple of pieces have sold! I have been dip dyeing fabric to create an 'ombre' effect...I know it is EVERYWHERE at the moment and I don't like to normally make something that is so ubiquitous but I do really like the effect. So far I have tried orange and blue dyes. The orange worked wonderfully as a lampshade as it really glowed when lit... like a bright sunset. This lampshade sold along with the small orange ombre cushion that I made without screenprinting.




I still have a rectangle cushion to match the lampshade in my Etsy shop: 

 ... And I have just listed this lampshade in linen with blue dye and a white cow parsley screen print. Co-ordinating cushions to be listed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment