17.10.13

recently...

My "blossom' design screen printed as a repeat in teal and black onto organic linen. Made into a lampshade:



I've wanted to contrast bright pom pom trim with my screen printed designs for a while...and now I have! The vivid pink contrasts well with the natural linen and black design. Also looks great against this Ercol chair painted with Annie Sloan's English Yellow chalk paint:


When I saw this lamp base in a charity shop the other day, it had a big hideous shade on it and I thought it might be worth painting. Once I'd got rid of the shade, I realised how lovely it is. I think it is quite old, it has a bakelite bulb fitting and reminds me of the Arts & Crafts period. I rubbed some dark wax in to bring out the wood and dressed it in my handmade shade. The shade is actually orange, though it looks red here. I dyed some linen and printed my black cow parsley design on before rolling into a shade. Once lit, the orange is really vivid and looks good in our living room against a teal-coloured wall. It also echoes the Cole & Son Cow Parsley wallpaper on the opposite wall. Both the lamp base and shade were intended for selling...but I have been persuaded into keeping them. This is becoming a bit of a habit!




No comments:

Post a Comment