26.1.14

My Little Vintage Fair

Yesterday was our second ever attempt at having a stall at a vintage & handmade fair. Again, organised by My Little Vintage in Earls Barton, Northamptonshire. It was held in the Methodist Church next door to the MLV shop itself. Our first fair was before Christmas and although we did well, I wasn't expecting to do as well this time round. But I was wrong! The venue, or in particular our spot was fantastic, we had plenty of room to arrange our stock and there was a good stream of people through all day. 



We sold loads of stuff and received lots of positive comments which never do any harm! 
I wasn't organised enough to take any decent pics of my stall, but thankfully Chris took some with his iphone:


Recently I had been thinking about giving up on my handmade & screen printed textiles because I felt that they weren't doing as well as the vintage pieces. The materials are quite costly and it takes me so long to get a decent selection together, as I have such limited time. But as I sold several handmade pieces and received lots of encouragement, I have decided not to be so hasty and I'm now looking forward to getting creative again. 

My Little Vintage have lots of fairs planned throughout 2014 so do check out their Facebook page for news. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment