23.4.13

african skirt and spotty top for Hesper

I bought a fat quarter of African fabric for Hesper a few months ago, at the same time that I bought some South African fabric to make a doll for one of her friends. I have never been sure what to do with it as it is only a fat quarter, but the recent sunny(ish) weather led me to make her a quick and easy elasticated skirt. I used the complete fat quarter and the cotton was lovely to sew. It is a traditional African wax print from Ghana (her Grandfather's birth place) and is available from the African Fabric online shop.




I also made her another smock top with this organic cotton bamboo fabric. It is in a multi-coloured spot print and I bought it from Organic Cotton. I had meant to screen print my cow parsley design on it, but ended up adding two large yellow covered buttons. It's a bit "flouncier" than the last one I made, but she  gets away with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment