2.4.14

Latest vintage finds

I had a good weekend in terms of vintage hunting. I found these lovely big green glass vessels. Are they demijohns or carboys? There seems to be confusion online as to the difference but I think either will do. I have been on the look out for something like this for years, to display fairy lights in at Christmas and I was lucky enough to find two! They are made by Viresa in Italy during the 1960's. The glass has that dimpled, hand-blown quality to it and they just need a little clean. I do love old glass, which I never realised before but I do seem to keep buying old bottles and vases in different colours, preferably in vibrant colours and with wobbly bits!



I also bought a collection of brass bits. Something else that I am unexpectedly drawn to. I even managed to get in the shed ("studio" if I'm feeling cocky) and take some half decent photos and get some listed on Etsy:





I thought these brass cherub candle sconces a while ago and decided they were a bit too yellow looking. So I painted them with layers of Annie Sloan Chalk paint - Old White and Florence. I distressed the paint and then added some dark wax in the details before sealing with clear wax. 






I wanted a weathered look of old paint and verdigris. I think it has worked...! All available in my Etsy shop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment