23.4.14

Provence painted candle holder











 I need to catch up with my blogging now the Easter Holidays are at an end. But just a quick post with a recent project. This iron candle holder was given to me by somebody who had bought it years ago on holiday. It was made by a blacksmith from wrought iron, it is quite heavy and well made. But it was looking a bit tired in rusted old black. I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (no surprises!) in "Provence", a lovely pale blue-green, very French. I then applied a wash of  Dark Wax diluted with White Spirit and applied with a brush. Excess wash is then wiped off with a cloth. This is the first time I've used this method of applying Dark Wax and it is so much easier, especially in the warmer weather as the wax does not dry as quickly and it requires a lot less elbow grease to get the desired effect. I lightly rubbed the entire piece with coarse wire wool to smooth out and distress in some places.  Apparently, its previous owner used it to serve cakes at parties, decorated with candles... perfect for a summer garden party!

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

This is to available to buy for £28, please contact me if you are interested. 
Collection is from Northamptonshire, thank you!

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\



No comments:

Post a Comment